The Dental Contact Center Representative is responsible for answering/troubleshooting all incoming phone calls for all practices within our organization. This individual is an expert in time management, organization, multi- tasking as well as possesses a friendly and approachable attitude. You will collaborate with the treatment coordinator, the clinical team and the management team to ensure that patient care is consistent, accurate and always a number one priority within the practice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties may vary from day-to-day and week-to-week, but will involve the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Triaging patient emergency phone calls with the treatment coordinator to ensure patient care is handled appropriately and efficiently
- Verification of insurance policies
- Obtaining referrals/radiographs/medical clearances etc. from referring offices
- Booking and managing doctor’s schedules
- Various front desk duties such as; checking patients in and out, answering phones, scanning paperwork, scheduling, daily deposits, office maintenance on occasion
- Provide patient with necessary consent forms/post op instructions etc.
- Obtain/scan required documentation from patient
- Route appropriate tasks via Open Dental and PIP daily to designated party
- Follow up on unscheduled/ASAP list to keep doctor schedule full at all times
- Intake all new patients and obtain proper documentation prior to appointment (referrals/xrays/insurance verifications) etc.
- Manage Implant Machine leads
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- One year of dental and/or medical office experience
- High School graduate
- Valid NYS driver’s license and reliable transportation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Able to multitask and handle multiple business and workplace changes that may arise. Able to communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
- Able to work well on a team and independently.
- Communicate effectively and develop a strong working relationship with the Doctors and promote teamwork through cooperative and professional behaviors.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a safe and healthy environment for patients and co-workers.
Ability to respond professionally in stressful situations.