Performs a variety of dental assisting duties while promoting quality dental care for our patients in a safe environment of minimal stress. Assists the doctor, teaches the patients how to care for their teeth, communicates effectively with patients, maintains equipment and inventory, and follows universal precautions and all OSHA and HIPPA requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties may vary from day-to-day and week-to-week, but will involve the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Set up room and equipment to meet doctors needs for each procedure
- Greet and seat the patient
- Update patient’s medical history
- Answer basic patient questions regarding treatment
- Perform 4 handed dentistry – anticipating the doctors need throughout the procedure
- Assist doctor as directed with treatment planning and patient documentation within the software
- Perform tear down of operatory including all sterilization of instruments and materials as defined by OSHA standards.
- Maintenance duties on equipment as assigned by office manager
- Exceptional patient relation skills
- Ability to work with people of all ages
- Ability to maintain outgoing, friendly attitude with patients and staff even under pressure
- Willingness to travel between locations based on need (Pittsford, Brockport, Geneseo, Webster & Greece)
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Graduate
- Dental Assistant Certification
- Valid NYS driver’s license and reliable transportation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Able to multitask and handle multiple business and workplace changes that may arise. Able to communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
- Able to work well on a team and independently.
- Communicate effectively and develop a strong working relationship with the Doctors and promote teamwork through cooperative and professional behaviors.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a safe and healthy environment for patients and co-workers.
Ability to respond professionally in stressful situations.