Dental Hygienist (Part Time)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & COMPENTENCIES
- Provide quality patient service by delivering thorough patient care, effective communication and personal attention in a gentle and caring manner. Educate patients on proper oral hygiene.
- Assess and plan appropriate dental hygiene care including prophylaxis, scaling and root planning, debridement, periodontal maintenance and adjunct services.
- Provide accurate and concise patient record charting and complete database information to allow the Doctor to determine the appropriate treatment plan for the patient.
- Responsible for personal professional growth through internal and external training opportunities and continuing education requirements to maintain licensure.
- Accurate and timely reporting of all procedures complete with proper documentation.
- Maintain a clean work environment and dental equipment to meet OSHA and Center for Disease Control sterilization and infection control regulatory standards.
- Adhere to confidentiality, State, Federal and HIPAA laws and guidelines with regards to patient’s records.
- Follow and demonstrate commitment to the business policies, professional expectations and Excellence Service Standards
- Dental hygienist degree from an accredited school
- Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) New York State license
- Current CPR certification
- Have valid NYS driver’s license and reliable transportation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Knowledge of Federal, State and institutional regulations and guidelines for the provision of dental services.
- Ability to operate standard dental equipment including Cavitron, Prophyject, X-Ray, Dental Chair and Unit, Sterilizers, Hand Scalers, Curettes and handpieces. Strong patient care skills.
- Able to multitask and handle multiple business and workplace changes that may arise. Able to communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
- Able to work well on a team and independently.
- Communicate effectively and develop a strong working relationship with the Doctors and promote teamwork through cooperative and professional behaviors.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a safe and healthy environment for patients and co-workers.
- Ability to respond professionally in stressful situations.
Apply For This Job