Patient Care Coordinators are instrumental in helping patients receive great care with the attention and follow-up they need for their optimal healthcare experiences. This requires a flexible attitude and a caring disposition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties may vary from day-to-day and week-to-week, but will involve the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Patient screening upon arrival to the office
- Scheduling and managing patient flow
- Meeting with patients and family members to inform and educate them on treatments
- Answering patient questions
- Coordinating with insurance carriers
- Adhering to confidentiality, State, Federal and HIPAA laws and guidelines with regards to patient’s records.
- Following and demonstrating a commitment to the business policies, professional expectations and Excellence Service Standards
- Willingness to travel between locations based on need (East Rochester, Greece & Gates)
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- One year of dental office experience
- High School graduate
- Valid NYS driver’s license and reliable transportation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Able to multitask and handle multiple business and workplace changes that may arise. Able to communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
- Able to work well on a team and independently.
- Communicate effectively and develop a strong working relationship with the Doctors and promote teamwork through cooperative and professional behaviors.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a safe and healthy environment for patients and co-workers.
- Ability to respond professionally in stressful situations.