Skip to Main Content
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & COMPENTENCIES
- Presenting treatment plans to patients
- Presenting financials and corresponding payment options to patients
- Interpreting patient insurance benefit breakdowns in order to provide an estimate of coverage and resulting out-of-pocket patient expense
- Communicating with insurance companies to request predetermination of benefits as needed
- Booking and managing doctor’s schedules
- Acquiring medical clearance when requested for the doctor’s patients
- Calling in prescriptions
- Sharing duties at the front desk including; checking patients in and out, answering phones, and scheduling.
- Minimum 2 years front desk experience in a dental office
- Knowledge of dental and or health insurance
- Proven computer proficiency including but not limited to (Microsoft Office, Outlook, dental scheduling software)
- Must have transportation to work at our offices in Pittsford, Webster, Greece, Brockport & Geneseo.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Able to multitask and handle multiple business and workplace changes that may arise. Able to communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
- Able to work well on a team and independently.
- Communicate effectively and develop a strong working relationship with the Doctors and promote teamwork through cooperative and professional behaviors.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a safe and healthy environment for patients and co-workers.
- Ability to respond professionally in stressful situations.
Apply For This Job